New Blogging Idea; Feedback Sought
So, following a conversation with kokkieH on one of my recent posts, I’ve had an idea for a what could one day become a regular feature of this blog. Essentially, I was thinking I could “review” book samples available for download for kindle; rather than a traditional score out of ten, the sample would be scored purely on whether it made me buy the book or not.
To be more precise, I currently have the following format in mind:
- The first impression – I post and comment on the book’s cover, blurb and opening paragraph, in that order.
- The Sample – I post a detailed recap of the whole sample. This will be done more-or-less “live” as I read it, rather than with the benefit of hindsight, so as to show how my thoughts on the extract change over its length.
- The All-Important Question – Did I Buy It?
Now, to make things more interesting, I would be VERY interested in taking suggestions/requests for this. Any genre can potentially be included, though I’m not gonna deny that SF and fantasy are likely to make up much of what I feature. I’d also be keen for there to be a slight emphasis on independently published or otherwise obscure literature here, since the point of this is for myself (and perhaps others, too ;)) to discover books they’d have otherwise never given time to.
And speaking of indies: suggesting one’s own book will be perfectly OK for this, if you want to.
For an initial schedule, I’m thinking I’ll do one of these per fortnight. Right now, I just want to experiment with and tweak the format until I have something I’m truly happy; once I’m happy, then I’ll probably start doing them a bit more often.
So, at this point, I have three questions:
1. Would you be interested in reading something like this?
2. Any ideas concerning a title for these posts? Right now, I’m thinking “TPG Tries It“ or something similar.
3. If “yes” to the question 1, then what should I try out first? 🙂
From → Blogging