The Liebster Award; a long overdue response
I noticed that today’s post will be the 100th one on this site, so I thought I ought to do something a little special for it. I also noticed that there’s a Liebster nomination I received ages ago that I never actually wrote an acceptance post for. I think it’s obvious, then, what I ought to do today.
So without further ado, I would like say a big THANK YOU to Katie, of Rasberry Writing, for nominating me for the Liebster award. I would also like to apologize for not having got around to doing this a lot sooner.
The rules of the Leibster Award are:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you. (check)
2. Display the award logo on your post and blog. (check)
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, these can be the same as the person who nominated you or it can be 10 random facts that you feel like sharing.
4. Find and nominate 10 new blogs for the award, notify them of their award and see what happens. (Note: for most versions of this award, “new” corresponds to blogs with 200 followers or less)
Having looked at the questions over on Rasberry Writing, I’ve decided to go with them as they cover a good range of topics. So here goes nothing:
1. Name three authors who you have found inspiring?
I’ve mentioned Bobbie Darbyshire and Octavia Butler before and see no harm in mentioning them again. As for the third…I think I’ll pinch one of Katie’s answers and go with Terry Pratchett. This is a man who produces excellent fiction at a truly blistering pace, not to mention being both hilarious and insightful in interviews.
2. What is your goal in life?
To be as successful as I have the potential to be…whatever that is.
3. What are your 3 favourite foods?
Pitta and humus is something I eat on most days. Sea bass is my favorite thing to eat when I’m abroad (though really, I enjoy fish and seafood in general). Pizza is another favorite, albeit in a guilty pleasure sort of way.
Wait, that was four…eh, whatever.
4. Name 5 of your favourite musicians or bands?
Billy Joel, Hans Zimmer, Hitoshi Sakimoto, Queen and Owl City
5. If you had a time machine, what era would go back and visit?
I’d travel to Italy and take myself back to the time of the Roman Empire. And then I’d hope that the machine came with translator microbes.
6. Where would you most like to go, on Earth?
I’d really love to go back to Brunei and Malaysia some day: I went to both when I was young, but can barely remember them nowadays.
7. Who would you most like to have a cup of tea with, anyone from history?
8. If you were reincarnated, what animal would you like to be?
A cat, provided that I had some well-trained humans to live with 😉
9. What skill or activity (that you don’t already know) would you most like to learn?
I’d like to learn a language or two some day.
10. Where is your favorite place to write?
My bedroom. Admittedly, I’ve only ever tried a couple of other places, but still.
And last but by no means least, my nominees:
Be sure to check these out if and when you get the chance; I’m sure you’ll enjoy them 😀