Liebster Award double bill
Well, this was certainly unexpected.
I have recently received not one, but two nominations for the Liebster Blog Award. It is my understanding that this award is aimed at blog with 200 followers or less; the up-and-comers, in other words. A big THANKS to both aspiringwriter22 and deshipley for nominating me.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Accept the award, post the Liebster Award logo on the top of your post and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 (or in my case, 22 🙂 ) questions provided
4. Nominate 11 other people and inform them of the award.
Today, I thought I’d go ahead and answer both sets of questions; everyone loves a good Q&A, after all. I hope you all enjoy
First of all: aspiringwriter22’s questions
1. Who is your favourite writer/author/blogger?
It’s a toss-up between two, so I’m going to cheat and list both. Octavia Butler writes the best science fiction I know, both in terms of concept and execution, and reading her stories is always a treat. Bobby Darbyshire, meanwhile, is both an excellent writer and an awesome person in general. If you’ve heard of the latter, then I salute you.
2. Do you prefer to write things out by hand or use a word processor?
I prefer word processor by a fairly long way: my handwriting speed is painfully slow.
3. Who inspires you?
My parents, more than anyone; my father in particular, since he managed to work his way up from a rather poor background. I should also mention Bobby (see #1) and my amazing physicist/writer of a housemate.
4. Aside from writing and blogging, what else are your passions and hobbies?
Reading, of course :). I’m a keen video gamer, though I don’t play quite as often as I used to. I also play the trumpet semi-regularly.
5. Do you have a favourite book from your childhood?
Bit of a cliche answer, but: Harry Potter.
6. What type of music do you like to listen to?
VGMs and anime theme songs, more than anything. Hardly the height of sophistication, but hey.
7. What would your dream job be like?
Anything which places me in a nice, cosy bubble away from the real world. Academia is high on my list. Getting to be full-time writer would just be unreal.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you want to go?
Anywhere with lots of sun and good food. Not that I’m picky or anything 😀
9. Is there anything in your life you would like to change?
Not working myself half-mad in my first year of uni would have been nice. Otherwise, I can’t really think of much.
10. Have you ever written and finished an entire book?
No quite: I reached my planned ending, but had a few missing sections. The whole enterprise got to be about 70000 words before I realized that it sucked and pulled the plug.
11. If you could be granted one super power, what would it be? And why?
The Healing Touch as performed by Derek Stiles, due to the sheer number of potential uses. It would be a procrastinator’s dream come true.
And now: deshipley’s questions
1. If you were cursed to take on an animal form every night, which do you think the spell-caster would choose for you, and why?
Going to go with a vampire bat, due to my slight obsession with parasitic/symbiotic relationships.
First of all, thanks for the links. Having listened to them both, I’m going to go with Clair de Lune. Really peaceful and relaxing; love it.
3. Name the fairytale nearest to the story of your life.
I…really don’t know my fairytales. At all. I’ll have to skip this one; my apologies.
4. You feel sick. ): Would you rather see a doctor about it, or tough it out alone?
See a doctor. Doctors exist for a reason, after all.
5. Who is your favorite “Swan(n)” – Emma Swan (“Once Upon a Time”), Bella Swan (“Twilight”), Elizabeth Swann (“Pirates of the Caribbean”), or [other]?
Elizabeth Swann. I’ve honestly never heard of Emma. As for Bella, I always thought that Tyler’s van would make a much better partner for her than that vampire dude.
6. Who is your favorite prince? (Real, fictional, the “Purple Rain” artist who partied like it was 1999… whatever.)
Prince Harry. The press give him far too much flak in my opinion
7. Who is your favorite “the”? Just kidding. X) If you had to go on a two-week walking trip with someone – any someone – who would you want it to be, and why?
Someone strong enough to carry me.
…kidding. I can think of a few people I could answer with here, all of whom are dear friends of mine who I first met back at school and who I continue to talk to on a regular basis. I won’t name them, but if you’re reading this then you know who you are.
8. Are you the cool, rational type, or emotional and instinctual?
Rational, but definitely not cool. I can be a bit nervy even at the best of times.
9. How far would you go to make a person fall in love with you?
About as far as this sentence is long. Not really into romantic relationships, to be honest 🙂
10. Describe your early childhood home.
Honestly, I can’t remember a single thing about it. I was about three years old when I left.
11. What does “happily ever after” mean to you?
Contentment with life; freedom from any additional wants or desires.
Well, I hope you enjoyed reading all of that. Next time: random facts about myself and my 11 nominees.
— The Parasite Guy